Master Program in Global Health and Development
For International Students
(1) Identity and Nationality
A foreign national who has never held Chinese overseas student status prior to application, and who complies with the Taiwan Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as “MoE”), “Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”, and other applicable regulations. Please refer to Appendix 1 for more details.
(2) Educational/Academic Qualifications
Applicants with evidence of a Bachelor degree accredited by MoE or students graduating by July2024 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs.
Lists of recognized foreign universities published by the MoE
2. Enrollment quota for Master students
Enrollment quotas for the 2024 intake are determined by MoE.
3. Length of Study
According to Taipei Medical University (hereinafter referred to as “TMU”) regulation, Master programs shall be completed within 1 to 4 years from the initial year of enrollment; however, an approved leave for absence will not be counted towards the total duration of enrollment.
4. Admissions Timeline
The 2024 admissions process is expected to run as scheduled. Any changes will be announced on the Office of Global Engagement Website: https://oge.tmu.edu.tw/admission. The time listed below is based on the Taiwan Time Zone (GMT+8). Failure to comply with these procedures will result in disqualification.
November 15, 2023
Online application start date
Application Link: https://ogeadmission.tmu.edu.tw/foreign/index/index/applyForeignSn/90
March 15, 2024
Deadline for submitting the application
April 15 to April 23, 2024
Online interviews for shortlisted applicants
(Interview schedule will be announced on the TMU admission system)
Application results will be available on the TMU admission system
By May 31, 2024
Admitted students will confirm their acceptance
From the confirmation of acceptance date up to July 2024
Students who have accepted the offer of admission must submit all authenticated documents by the ROC (Taiwan) embassy/representative office (e.g. diplomas, transcripts and an official financial statement)
(1) How to Apply
A. APPLY ONLINE within the application period via the TMU admission system
B. Please note the important information below:
Only applications submitted via the TMU admission system will be accepted.
Any application or document submitted via email, post or hand delivered hard
copies will not be accepted.
Please complete all the necessary procedures and submit by the deadline.
Failure to follow the instructions will result in disqualification.
Remember the email address you used for applying. You will need it to log in to the system to modify application information, upload documents, check your application status and find out the results of admission and scholarship
Applicants must read these guidelines (including program-specific requirements) carefully to avoid disqualification in the admission application
C. Each applicant may apply for up to TWO programs. Where an applicant receives more than one admission offer, the applicant must accept ONLY ONE offer to enroll in.
(2) Required Documents
Applicants should submit required documents A to H (as listed below), and have uploaded them to the TMU admission system before the deadline. In addition, all submitted documents should be in English or Chinese.
A. Academic credentials
a. Bachelor’s degree (or above) graduation certificate
b. Full transcript of Bachelor’s degree (or above) including explanation of grading system
c. Documents required by your intended program/department for academic review
- Applicants whose degree is expected to be conferred by July 2024 must submit the “Certificate of Expected Graduation” issued by their institution if they have not received diploma status before submitting their application.
- However, they shall, upon admission, submit their academic credentials on the registration day for enrollment. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the admission offer.
- Academic credentials are not permitted to change during the application review and enrollment process.
B. Proof of nationality with English name, date of birth, gender and photo (e.g. passport)
C. English proficiency
- All applicants must demonstrate a minimum level of proficiency in English for admission. You will need to submit an English proficiency certificate at CEFR B1 (Threshold) or above to satisfy the required competence level for your intended program.
- English-Language Test Waiver
Applicants will be exempted from submitting English-proficiency scores if you
hold a bachelor’s degree completed in its entirety in an English-speaking
country. Approved English-speaking countries are Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom and UnitedStates of America.
- We strongly encourage you to take an internationally recognized test and also send your scores electronically from the testing service for us to be considered official. It is important that you use the correct code when sending
your official scores to TMU.
TOEFL (https://www.ets.org/toefl): Institution Code 3225
IELTS (https://www.ielts.org): Taipei Medical University InternationalAdmission
- As announced by the Taiwan Representative Office in Vietnam, Vietnameseapplicants are required to provide language certification for admission to degree programs and Taiwan visa requirements. Please refer to: https://reurl.cc/4Wv8Dv
D. Other supporting documents listed as program-specific requirements
E. Statement of purpose
F. Resume and personal statement
G. Applicants shall provide a financial statement, obtained within the last three months, reflecting at least USD4,000. It does not need to be authenticated at this stage.
- If the bank account is not under the applicant’s name, a signed statementfrom the account holder is also required, stating the holder’s relationship with the applicant and guaranteeing to cover the applicant’s expenses in Taiwan.
- If the currency of the bank statement is in neither NT dollars nor US dollars, applicants themselves shall convert the total amount and write down the exchange rate on the bank statement.
H. Other supporting documents listed as program-specific requirements
(3) Application Fee
No application fee is charged for international student admission.
Master Program in Global Health and Health Security
Program Specific Requirements
Two recommendation letters in English submitted via the online admission system by two independent referrers.
Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants must have an English proficiency certificate at CEFR B2 or above, such as TOEFL iBT 71, TOEFL ITP 543, IELTS 5.5, or other equivalent tests.
Statement of purpose
Academic examination scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, Chinese proficiency test), professional licenses, publications, or awards.
Document Review 100%
All submitted documents should be in English or Chinese.
Dr. Tuo-Yu (Tim) Chen 陳拓宇老師
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: +886+2+6620-2589#16036